httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kaplan, Andrew H." <AHKAP...@PARTNERS.ORG>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems Adding Directives to the httpd.conf file
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:46:46 GMT
Hi there --

I want to disable the TRACE and TRACK methods on our Apache 1.3.31 server with
the mod_ssl 2.8.18 module. We have one virtual host
section which automatically redirects connections to the server from port 80 to
port 443. I initially added the following lines to both the port
80 and 443 sections:

			RewriteEngine on
			RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)
			RewriteRule .* - [F]

However when I stopped and then restarted the server, the error message I
received indicated a syntax error for the first line containing
RewriteEngine or the command was not defined.

Any ideas? Thanks.