httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Terrence Brannon" <tbran...@valueclick.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] URL with 2 question marks being truncated between access and rewrite stage
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:41:21 GMT

I'm including it below... However, the point is that the URL is
truncated _before_ mod_rewrite gets to rewrite it: the truncated URL is
passed to mod_rewrite (per the transcript) and the same one comes out.
Also, is there anyway to get detailed output on just what apache is
doing in each of its processing phases?

RewriteEngine   on
  RewriteOptions inherit

  RewriteRule /favicon.ico / [G]
  RewriteRule     ^/faq         http://www.q1.vl.com

  # this should handle the banner requests before mason
  # not sure who first added them.
  RewriteCond /home/value/banners/%{REQUEST_URI}  -f
  RewriteRule ^/((g|hg|ad.s)/.+) /home/kal/scanners/$1 [L]

  RewriteCond /home/value/banners.old/%{REQUEST_URI}  -f
  RewriteRule ^/((g|hg|ad.s)/.+) /home/kal/scanners.old/$1 [L]

  # this has to come last, or the above rules don't get reached
  # but I'll leave in the conditions just in case
  RewriteCond     %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^/img/
  RewriteCond     %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^/styles/
  RewriteCond     %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^/g/
  # add rewrite for /ad.s, since it wasn't in before
  RewriteCond     %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^/ad.s/

  RewriteRule     ^/(.*)        http://localhost:8989/$1 [P]