httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lucas, David" <David.Lu...@unh.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite question
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 20:35:59 GMT
Joshua,

Thanks for responding to my question.  No, I need it to respond to
everything (this is for our registration system)!!  Hmmm, I'll need to
try to place it in the right container under the ssl.conf file to see if
that will help me.  Do you have any other suggestions??

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:jslive@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 3:01 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite question

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:46:53 -0500, Lucas, David <David.Lucas@unh.edu>
wrote:
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^10\.10\.131\.[0-9]
> RewriteRule (.*) /nec/index.html
> RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !10\.10\.131\.[0-9]
> RewriteRule (.*) /index.html
>
> This seems to be working properly.

> Now, what doesn't seem to work is SSL.  I have this in the ssl.conf
> file:

[...]

Note there is nothing special about ssl.conf versus httpd.conf.  If
you want something to apply specifically to an ssl-site, you need to
place it into the appropriate <VirtualHost> container.

Your particular configuration has several problems.  For example, it
will rewrite ALL requests.  Perhaps you intend to hit only .html
files, or only requests that have been refered from another site?

Joshua.