httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pete Eakle <pete.ea...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] how to remove a temporary change made to httpd.conf?
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:41:11 GMT
a portion of my httpd.conf used to look like (forwarding dynamic
content to Tomcat 5.0):

    DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/Examples"           <--soft link to
/opt/tomcat/apps/Examples

    JkMount /Examples/WEB-INF/* ajp13
    JkMount /Examples/fwd ajp13

This was working fine, except that my url was
http://www.jexamples.com/Examples, and I wanted to get rid of the
/Examples part.

So after stopping Tomcat and Apache (2.0) I changed the above to:

    DocumentRoot "/opt/tomcat/apps/Examples"

    JkMount /WEB-INF/* ajp13
    JkMount /fwd ajp13

and restarted the servers, but unfortunately it didn't work.  It could
invoke static content OK, but not my JSPs (e.g., "The requested URL
/fwd was not found on this server.").  So I stopped the servers and
backed out the above changes and then restarted the servers, and I'm
still getting the same error -- it can't find my jsp URLs (the
forwarded ones).  Why wouldn't it behave just like it did before I
made the change?

Any leads appreciated.  Thanks.

    -Pete