httpd-users mailing list archives

From <siba.d...@wipro.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem accessing STATIC variables on Apache 1.3.33
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 06:27:37 GMT

Hi All,

Sorry in case this is a silly problem.... but i have tried a lot and since didnt found any
solution am putting mail....

I had earlier configured Apache on Windows. I had a small Plug-in running on the windows system
which used to authenticate requests...
In the windows version i had some static variables which were used based on the values.

e.g. static int nVal = 0;

function abc()
{
      nval = 1;
}

Once the value was changed to 1, it was reflected across the whole of my module irrespective
of the request.

But currently i am facing problems when i ported the same code to HPUX 11i.
In HP although the code is the same, it always displays the initial value in case the request
from Apache is a new one. (i.e. value for nVal is 1).

Is this because Apache on UNIX based machines is a Process based model while on Windows its
a thread based one....???

Is there any way how i can manage static variables for HP....????

Do reply...
siba

Confidentiality Notice

intended