httpd-users mailing list archives

From FloorFLUX <floorf...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] (OS 10054) error causes Apache to become unresponsive for a moment
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:49:01 GMT
I am running Apache 2.0.52 on Windows 2003 Server.  Frequently in my
Apache error_log file I get a line like this:

[Wed Mar 16 08:08:17 2005] [info] (OS 10054)An existing connection was
forcibly closed by the remote host.  : core_output_filter: writing
data to the network

Also, periodically on this server, Apache momentarily stops handling
requests, causing a page cannot be displayed message.  I have reason
to believe these two phenomena are related, because I can make
requests to certain pages on my site that cause both the error message
in the log as well as the page cannot be displayed message on
subsequent requests.

I have added the following directives to my httpd.conf file in order
to alleviate these problems to no avail:

EnableSendfile Off
EnableMMAP Off
Win32DisableAcceptEx

The documentation seems to indicate that adding EnableSendfile OFF
should get rid of the core_output_filter: writing data to the network
issue, but it hasn't worked for me.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?