httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_proxy and Redirect
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:12:24 GMT
Have you tried to reverse the order of the LoadModule directives for the rewrite and proxy
modules in your configuration? Are these statically or dynamically linked?

-ascs

-----Message d'origine-----
De : K Anand [mailto:kanand@sail-steel.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 10 mars 2005 05:18
À : users@httpd.apache.org
Objet : Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy and Redirect

Josh,

1) I checked my httpd.conf file. The rewrite module is being loaded before the proxy module.
2) I do need to do the reverse proxy . So I cannot negate that.

Here's my scenario in detail.

client      ---      Webserver      -----       Appln server
             https                            http

Webserver to Appln server connections are made by ProxyPass. Since this is application is
used for all transactions of our company and it can be deployed on the internet, we are planning
to use SSL between client and Webserver. So all requests between client and Webserver will
be on https. What I want is that
when the URL is say https://abc.com/docs/xyz   it should be rewritten to
http://abc.com/docs/xyz. In addition
to this, there is a ProxyPass on Webserver which is like this :
ProxyPass /docs/ http://abc1.com/docs/

When I'm disabling the ProxyPass statement in my httpd.conf, I can see that URL is being rewritten
from https to http. But the moment I uncomment the ProxyPass statement, URL is not being rewritten.

Any clues why ??

Anand