httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aman Raheja <arah...@techquotes.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Upgrading from Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.0 on Debian
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:30:47 GMT
In both the apachectl's and conf files check where is it writing the pid
file... something like
PidFile logs/httpd.pid
Also remove the symlink, you have and then try to run the start the two
and see if that gives you some hint, else show it on the mailing list,
for us to figure.

- Aman Raheja

Børge Kjeldstad wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I installed Debian 3.1 with Apache 1.3.33 and with apachectl in directory
>/usr/sbin/.
>
>Then I installed Apache 2.0.53 with apachectl in directory
>/usr/local/apache2/bin/.
>

>Then I stopped Apache 1.3.
>
>When I try to start Apache 2.0 with /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start I
>get the following message:
>/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd started
>

>However, when I try to stop Apache 2.0, I get the following message:
>/usr/sbin/apachectl stop: httpd (pid 13375?) not running
>
>Now also the same happens when I try to start and stop Apache 1.3 again.
>
>However, when I try to visit a webpage which was supposed to be served by
>Apache 2.0, I get the following message in my web browser:
>
>The requested URL /ez_demo/index.php was not found on this server.
>Apache/1.3.33 Server at ezDemo.myhost.org Port 80
>
>(Apparently this is an error message from Apache 1.3 which was just reported
>to not be running....)
>
>My question is: What kind of things could be wrong here?
>
>Many thanx : )
>
>Børge

Regards
Aman Raheja