httpd-users mailing list archives

From José Ferradeira <jfe...@netcabo.pt>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect users trying to access any page on my site to the homepage
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:02:52 GMT
Noah wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 10:19:10PM +0000, Jos? Ferradeira wrote:
>
>>Bruce Kingsbury wrote:

> [snip]

> You're assuming that HTTP_REFERER is being set when the browser follows
> the redirect; a quick test will verify that doesn't happen (well, not
> with Firefox, anyway). To avoid the loop, you can add the following line
> after the 'RewriteEngine on':
>
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
>
> This verifies that the referer header is there; if it's not, the
> redirect will not be issued at all. Note that this may /not/ be the
> ultimate effect you're going for. =)
>
> --n

Well, with "RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$" the loop stops but the base
idea doesn't work, it didn't redirect to home page when I direct access
a page on the site. The .htaccess now is like this :

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://192.168.5.230/ [NC]
RewriteRule /* http://192.168.5.230/ [R,L]

Any more suggestions?

Thanks

*CensorNet* <http://ti.theta.pt/censornet/index.php>
Controlo e gestão dos acessos à Internet 	   	*WEBPORT*
<http://ti.theta.pt/webport/index.php>
A sua informação sempre On-Line