httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim <...@vxaxv.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_autoindex hiding files
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:31:01 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:58:04 -0500, Jim <jim@vxaxv.com> wrote:
>
>>I know this has to have been asked before but for the life of me i cant
>>find the answer in the archives or on the apache website.  Google also
>>was not able to provide the answer.  Perhaps this is because im not
>>exactly sure what the problem is.
>>
>>I have a centos 3.4 server running apache 2.0.46
>

> Very old version.  You should upgrade before trying to debug.

Id love to.  However, this is the latest version available for this
platform without installing manually.  I dont want to break any
dependencies and yum complains if i try to install a newer version than
what it sees available.

>>I have a bunch of files in a directory and i wish to access these files
>>via web.  This works great for most files but some dont show up.  I have
>>an .iso file which apache seems to want to hide from view.  Is this
>>mod_autoindex not showing this file or something else?  How can i make
>>apache show all files?  I cant seem to figure this out
>

> The only files that apache hides are those listed in IndexIgnore and
> those that are not accessible to the client.  Check those two
> conditions first.
>
> I've heard some reports of problems on some systems with very-large
> files, which might match your ISO.  But you should upgrade to a more
> recent version before looking into that further.

This seems to be exactly what is going on.  I have multiple isos which
are over 3gb in size.  I tried renaming it to something else (.txt) and
it still hides it so i dont believe it to be related to the extension of
the file.

Thanks for the infomation.  I'll bring this over to the centos list to
see how i can upgrade apache without causing problems.

Thanks again

Jim