httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dale <md...@dalegroup.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2 fails to start with SSL
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2005 05:12:27 GMT
Hey everyone,

I've had a look around and I cannot seem to find a solution to my
problem. So hopefully you guys know what to do!

I'm running to get mod_ssl to work on my freebsd box (freebsd 4.10,
basic install) but every time I try and run ./apachectl startssl I get
the following error:

Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so: Undefined symbol "X509_free".

I compiled OpenSSL 0.9.7e from source with the following options:
./config shared

I then installed apache 2.0.53 from source with the following options:

./configure --enable-mods-shared=most --enable-proxy --enable-suexec
--enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl

So does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
--