httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian V Hughes <bria...@Dartmouth.EDU>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Regexps in rewrite rules
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:02:45 GMT
On Mar 22, 2005, at 10:55 AM, Gary Wilson wrote:
> Still interested as to why my original solution won't work though
> (I tried with and without line terminator etc - in fact I've tried over
> 10 incarnations of that regexp - just can't seem to get perl style
> negations working under apache) - but that's for another time and
> place now :)

The simplest answer for why your original rule didn't work is you can't
use back references with "not match" patterns. Remember that a "not
match" is the same as accepting a failure to match. If you fail to
match, then there won't be anything matched on that you can store in a
back reference.

-Brian