httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Intermittent/spontaneous shutdowns
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:01:15 GMT
On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 03:40:42PM +0800, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First time I ever subscribed to this list, largely due to the stability of
> httpd and never had anything strange happening to me. However, that just
> changed.
>
> The httpd keeps shutting down every couple of days and requires a manual
> start.

We had a couple of similar reports of spontaneous shutdowns a few years
ago, but never tracked down the cause.  I haven't heard anybody report
this more recently.  I guessed the most likely cause was some module
calling kill() inappropriately, or possibly the "other-child"-tracking
code going awry.  Do you used piped loggers?

joe