httpd-users mailing list archives

From mailli...@morningstarcom.net
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FTP and Virtual directory
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:21:34 GMT
On Friday 25 March 2005 02:26, Muhammad Rizwan wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have 2 little questions:
>
> 1- How we can create FTP site in Apache, as we can create in IIS
> (Microsoft).
>
> 2- How we can create Virtual Directory in apache, and what is the
> purpose of it?
>
> Thanks

There are several FTP servers on Linux already. VSFTP is the one I use in
Fedora

Virtual directory allows you to multiple sites that appear to be the only one
on the server.  It makes for a more secure hosting environment.  My favorite
control panel to use on a web server is Ensim Pro.  It does most of the dirty
work for you.

--
Win a Vespa Scooter or a Dell Gift Card worth $3,000.00
http://www.morningstarcom.net/raffle-contest.php

believed to be clean.