httpd-users mailing list archives

From ed elliott <eddiearm...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Allocating Memory in a module for Apache on Windows
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:55:40 GMT
Hello,

First of all I am new to the list so if I have done anything that is a serious crime please
forgive me, I have looked through the archives but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I am wrting a module for Apache 1.3 on Windows andI need to allocate quite a bit of memory
and I realise that there are apache functions to allocate memory.

I am used to programming in windows and in the module use HeapCreate / Destroy and HeapAlloc
to allocate memory - this works and I am happy to use this but is it the wrong thing to do?

Should I use the Apache pools or does it not matter?

I would appreciate any opinions,

Thanks,

Ed Elliott