httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sylvain COUTANT" <sylvain.cout...@illicom.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Multiple SSL enabled Virtual Servers and mod_rewrite
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:44:35 GMT
> But given you have only one IP, isnt it
> useful to have the traffic encrypted?

It can. But you will have warnings on client's side when the server's name
mismatch. No other obvious problem I know about.

Also, some SSL certificate vendors sell wildcards "*.domain.com" that can
help is this situation. I have one, it works well under IE, have little
feedback for other browsers.

Having multiple named Virtual Hosts works under SSL :

<VirtualHost *:443>
	ServerName www.domain1.com
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:443>
	ServerName www.domain2.com
</VirtualHost>

In fact, only the first VHost's certificate is used if I remember well.

Regards,
Sylvain.