httpd-users mailing list archives

From Charles Li <cli...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] MinSpareServers, MaxSpareServers & StartServers
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:25:33 GMT
Hi,
I have read the document of the above parameters.
My understanding from the reading is that every time
the MinSpareServers (MNSS) falls below 5, the default
value, Apache will create enough server to satify the
MNSS value.  Since the default StartServers (SS) is 5,
when the first request comes in, Apache will have to
start and create another server to replace the server
that is serving the first request.  My question is:
should I set the SS to be greater than the MNSS, so
the above scenario would be reduced.

Another question, when the server is serving a
request, it normally passes the request to the other
modules to process the request, ie, oc4j, perl or php
modules, is this server immediately free to process
another request?  Or does it wait for the same request
to come back?

Thanks,
Charles Li