httpd-users mailing list archives

From <casa...@directbox.com>
Subject [users@httpd] secure Connections mod_ssl for specific Directories in the NameBasedVhost
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:33:23 GMT
hi volks,

im having trouble with finding a Solution to my Probelm:

1) i am running an apache 2.0.52 with php and mysql on a gentoo Linux Box
2) i have some virtualhost that are NAME BASED hosted on my box
3) i want that some of the subdirectories of some Vhosts to be only accessible with secured
connections  but I dont want secure connection for  the whole site just for each request that
calls files from that /directory/critical_data

there is 2 files for specifing mod_ssl configuration for apache

are 41_mod_ssl.default-vhost.conf and 40_mod_ssl.conf :

set as on this wiki:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Apache2

i have been told that what i intend to do is not possible but as i seen this :

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/ssl_howto.html#strongurl

i think it is and i tried to specify an active ssl only for the directories where it is wished
but without success now that i can find a clue on how to do this i hope someone of you volk
outthere have some for me because i really need to fix that as soon as possible

thanks !
casaboy

Verpassen Sie keine eBay-Auktion und bieten Sie bequem
und schnell ├╝ber das Telefon mit http://www.telefonbieten.de

Ihre eMails auf dem Handy lesen - ohne Zeitverlust - 24h/Tag
eMail, FAX, SMS, VoiceMail mit http://www.directbox.com