httpd-users mailing list archives

From Noah <s...@onastick.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ReWrite Directory
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 18:03:56 GMT
On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 10:52:03AM -0700, Brian Quinn wrote:

> At 10:13 AM 3/8/2005, you wrote:
> >On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 10:05:32AM -0700, Brian Quinn wrote:
> >> Ok, i guess i've just gone stupid today or something, because everything
> >> have tried hasn't worked.
> >
> >Without seeing the precise RewriteRule, it's hard to say. You could also
> >look into using mod_speling, but that may be overkill for this (it could
> >also cause you headaches).

> do you know what i should put to make the rewrite rule work?

See where I said "Without seeing the precise RewriteRule, it's hard to
say." ? The implication there is that one needs to see it in order to
assist you. Alternatively, you could turn on Rewrite logging (see the
RewriteLog and RewriteLogLevel directives) and see if that helps. The
resulting logfile is verbose enough to assist with virtually any issue,
although, per the docs, one should NOT crank it up above '2' on a
production host. I'd suggest trying this on a test host.

--n

--
<huey> dd of=/dev/fd0 if=/dev/flippy bs=1024
<huey> ^^^ Making Flippy Floppy