httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Warning: Documentroot doesn't exist
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 17:20:55 GMT
On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 03:22:15PM -0600, Jay Paulson wrote:
> I've set up my VirtualHosts and for each Documentroot I get a warning
> that it does not exist.
>
> Warning: DocumentRoot [/home/httpd/webdev/html] does not exist

With the Fedora Core 3 httpd package?  This is because the SELinux
policy will deny httpd access to any unlabelled files by default.  See:

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/

and either label the files:

 # chcon -R system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t /home/httpd/webdev

to fix the issue, or permanently disable the SELinux policy for httpd:

 # setsebool -P httpd_disable_trans=1

(make sure you're using the latest libselinux package from the updates)

joe