httpd-users mailing list archives

From Broming plutonium <zhangzhaoxi2...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] home computer as a server
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:57:44 GMT
      LOL Alun. I had the exact, exact same problem two months ago, and I almost gave up trying
to make it work.
      Are you sure you forwarded port 80 to your router correctly? Believe it or not, I got
mixed up which the Private and Public IP addresses when I forwarded port 80, or at least tried
to. I really can't help you here, since I use a INEXQ router, and you most certainly use another
kind of router.
      I know this is a stupid suggestion but...have you forwarded the requests TO the correct
INTERNAL IP ADDRESS? Maybe your internal IP address changed from the time you forwarded it
to the time you tested it out. Type ipconfig and update your IP address.
      No, I don't think your ISP is blocking port 80. It would mean more money for them, but
also more angry complaints.
       I hope that helps!
                                                                                        Williams