httpd-users mailing list archives

From "alun phillips" <a...@dragonprints.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] home computer as a server
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 05:31:59 GMT
Thanks Tyler, Tim, & Anthony

Yes - this external IP was the one I was already using, though the Name is
different to the one in the Apache config file. Maybe it's worth playing
about with that?

I don't think my service provider is blocking inbound traffic as I've
already used ACDSEE share
<http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Products/ACDSeeShare/index?LAN=englishX10
> and ShowOff! <http://www.showoffmypictures.com/index.php> to do
essentially the same thing. Neither use port 80 ... one uses 1080, the other
8080 ... but I'm pretty sure I set up Apache to use a different port also -
I'll have to check. The reason I'm wanting to use Apache to do this all
through, rather than either of these two programs, is that they don't allow
me to create the website the way I want it to look.

Alun