httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anthony G. Atkielski" <anth...@atkielski.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.52 French HTML Pages
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:12:13 GMT
jimh@nucleus.com writes:

> I am trying to get French Characters to display and they are not
> showing up properly (even with the Stock httpd.conf that came with
> Apache 2.0.52

Your pages contain accented French characters in the Windows character
set.  To be safe, you must translate all special and accented characters
to HTML escape sequences.  In other words, 'é' (e with an acute accent)
must be replaced by "&eacute;" in the HTML.

If you need a program that does this, I have the source of a C program
that I cooked up myself to translate the most common special characters
from Windows characters to the necessary escape sequences, which I can
e-mail to you.  There are probably other similar utilities on the Web as
well.

--
Anthony