httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Wilson <gwil...@plus.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Regexps in rewrite rules
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:55:32 GMT
On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 09:03 -0500, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Although I'm not a regex expert, I can see a number of things that
> could be wrong there, such as including the line termination character
> inside the () and the fact that the $1 will always be empty.  But why
> not just avoid the problem by using something like:
>
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*\.html$
> RewriteRule  /cgi-bin/(.*) /local/apache/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/%{ENV:UID}/$1
> [T=application/x-httpd-cgi,NS]

Joshua,

Thanks for that alternate solution, which works nicely with my other
rules and does what it says on the tin :)

Still interested as to why my original solution won't work though
(I tried with and without line terminator etc - in fact I've tried over
10 incarnations of that regexp - just can't seem to get perl style
negations working under apache) - but that's for another time and
place now :)

Thanks again

GW