httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Wilson <gwil...@plus.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Regexps in rewrite rules
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:53:29 GMT

I understand that Apache 2.0 uses Perl style regexps.  With this in
mind, I wrote the following rewrite rule to force a mime type of a
CGI application for antyhing under /cgi-bin EXCEPT files inding in
.html - however the rule always returns "Not matched" in the rewrite
logs, and no matter how I attempt this rule, it never seems to match.

Other rules I have written with more vanilla regular expressions all
work fine, but I can't seem to do the following negation successfully.

RewriteRule  /cgi-bin/.*(?!\.html
$) /local/apache/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/%{ENV:UID}/$1
[T=application/x-httpd-cgi,NS]

Can anyone advise what is wrong with this rule please?

Thanks

GW