httpd-users mailing list archives

From Børge Kjeldstad <borge.kjelds...@whiteflower.no>
Subject [users@httpd] Upgrading from Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.0 on Debian
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:03:10 GMT
Hello,

I installed Debian 3.1 with Apache 1.3.33 and with apachectl in directory
/usr/sbin/.

Then I installed Apache 2.0.53 with apachectl in directory
/usr/local/apache2/bin/.

Then I stopped Apache 1.3.

When I try to start Apache 2.0 with /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start I
get the following message:
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd started

However, when I try to stop Apache 2.0, I get the following message:
/usr/sbin/apachectl stop: httpd (pid 13375?) not running

Now also the same happens when I try to start and stop Apache 1.3 again.

However, when I try to visit a webpage which was supposed to be served by
Apache 2.0, I get the following message in my web browser:

The requested URL /ez_demo/index.php was not found on this server.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at ezDemo.myhost.org Port 80

(Apparently this is an error message from Apache 1.3 which was just reported
to not be running....)

My question is: What kind of things could be wrong here?

Many thanx : )

Børge