httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Grove" <rich...@singlecelled.org>
Subject [users@httpd] port already occupied...
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:14:13 GMT

Hi,
I'm a complete newbie, and so hope that this mail is going to the appropriate spot...

Just downloaded Apache2.0.53, and no matter what I do at some point I see:
------
Only one usage of each socket address is mormally permitted... could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:8080
------

I checked the lists and someone has suggested previously that there is probably some app already
using this port. How do I find out? How do I change that app, or how do I configure apache
to listen to some other port?
I want to use it to basically work up and check .php locally.

thanks,
Richard