httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Josh Graves" <jgra...@duluthtrading.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache.exe could not open error log file
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:33:37 GMT
I am receiving the error:

"Apache.exe: could not open error log file <path to log file>" when trying
to start Apache 1.3.33 on a Windows 2K SP4 server.

If the log file does not exist when apache.exe is executed, it gets created,
but I still get the "could not open" error.

I confirmed that the user apache is running as has full
read/list/write/create/delete/modify access to the log directory, which is
located on the same Win 2K box that Apache is running (or trying to run) on.
In fact, since this box is behind a firewall and not available to the
public, yet, I opened up the log directory to give everyone full access to
it and still received the error.

I made several attempts to find info on this error in Google Groups, Yahoo
Groups, the mailing list archives, and the web in general, but they were all
fruitless.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Josh Graves