httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Андрей Мартынов" <martynov...@rambler.ru>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache configuration: how to display directories list
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:18:45 GMT
Hello everyone,

Please, help me to solve a question.

I've got a list of Subversion (http://subversion.tigris.org/)
repositories somewhere in the file system of Linux server, say under
the folder /usr/allRepos (all paths, names and URLs are changed). I've
configured Apache (in /conf/httpd.conf file) to distribute the
Subversion repositories to workstations of developers as following
(exactly as it is suggested in Subversion's manual):

<Location /developers/svn>
DAV svn
SVNParentPath /usr/allRepos

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Our Common Subversion Repositories"
AuthUserFile /usr/svnuser/passwd
AuthzSVNAccessFile /usr/svnuser/access
Require valid-user
</Location>

So now I can work with every repository under /usr/allRepos with the
following URLs:

http://my_server.my_team.com/developers/svn/Repos1
http://my_server.my_team.com/developers/svn/Repos2/branches/Martynov

What I want to do now additionally, is simply to deliver the list of
SVN repositories (only names) to SVN users. That will make simplier
for them to find out the name of the proper repository. How can I do
that? How must I configure Apache 2.0 HTTP server to do that?

I suggest, that with URL:
http://my_server.my_team.com/developers/svn
that is entered to the Web-Browser's adress field, the browser will
simply display the list of names of SVN repositories. I also suggest,
that Web-browser will deliver the Authorization request, prompting
user to enter his nick name and password (exactly as Subversion Client
does), because only those users in /usr/svnuser/passwd file are
enabled to reach SVN repositories.

So, that is, URL:
http://my_server.my_team.com/developers/svn
must display every folder under /usr/allRepos

That is also done by

Alias /developers/svn /usr/allRepos

directive, if I'm not mistaking, but I don't know how this will help
me to display the names list.

Looking forward for your help,
Andriy Martynov