httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Ladner <eric.lad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] serving millions of files
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 20:38:30 GMT
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:32:14 -0600, John Bohumil
<jbohumil@mn-exch.tcfbank.com> wrote:
> Should I consider one Linux file system over another?  Is there good reason to split
these up into smaller directories vs. everything in one huge directory?

> Thanks for any feedback!
> John

Consider the reiserfs.  It's really good at storing large amounts (>
1million) of files in a directory and not taking forever to move,
delete them.

Some of the other more advanced file systems (i.e. xfs and jfs) might
have similar results, but I'm not as familiar with them as I am
reiser.

Eric