httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] edit fie
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:02:00 GMT
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:34:41 -0800, Amin Thakkar <amin@infopoint.co.ug> wrote:
> Hi
>
> If I want to edit httpd.conf using putty.exe shall. What command do use ?

You sound confused.  putty.exe is an ssh program used to connect from
one computer to another.  It is not an editor.

Perhaps you are using putty on your pc to connect to a unix box where
you wish to edit httpd.conf.  In that case, you probably want to try
programs like (in increasing order of  difficulty) pico, emacs, or vi.
 But I suggest you buy a basic unix book to help you get started.

Joshua.