httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redistributing Apache
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2005 02:35:49 GMT
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:39:29 +0100, Jean-Christophe Montigny
<jcm@assoces.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You ca
>
> Broming plutonium wrote:
>
> > Can I do this? Is this allowed? I'm not changing the
> > source or anything, and I said on my website that this
> > software was Apache 2.052. Do you have anything to
> > warn me about doing this?
>
> AFAIK you can do this since Apache is licensed by the GPL. But why not
> simply put a link to the apache website where files are stored (or a
> mirror) ? So it'll eat less of your bandwith and people are assured to
> get the latest version :)

Apache is not GPL licensed, but it is licensed under an
even-more-liberal license called the Apache license.  This license
does indeed allow for redistribution subject to certain conditions.
For details see:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html

In short, there is no problem with distributing an unmodified apache
tarball/msi.

Joshua.