httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with mod_dir and mod_proxy (Apache 2.0.52)
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 18:19:23 GMT
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 11:21:45 -0600, Robert Granvin
<Robert.Granvin@metrostate.edu> wrote:
> This works great as long as the actual file is in the URL (i.e.,
> http://www.exampledomain.org/directory/index.cfm).  However, if
> mod_dir has to complete the URL by using a hit from DirectoryIndex
> (i.e., assume the above example was instead submitted as:
> http://www.exampledomain.org/directory/), then it will not proxy,
> instead hitting the local server.
>
> The above bug was supposed to fix this behavior, but we're not able to
> cause it to happen as expected.
>
> The proxy configuration in httpd.conf is currently:
>
>     ProxyRequests Off
>     ProxyVia On
>     <Proxy *>
>             Order deny,allow
>             Allow from all
>     </Proxy>
>     ReWriteEngine on
>     RewriteRule (.*)\.cfm$ /cfm/$1.cfm [P]
>     ProxyPass /cfm http://appserver.exampledomain.org
>     ProxyPassReverse /cfm http://appserver.exampledomain.org

I'm note sure of the exact problem, but your configuration above is
not good.  You are doing a double proxy: once back to the same server
(to get under the /cfm directory) and then again to the remote server.
 I don't think that is what you want.  You should probably change the
RewriteRule to
RewriteRule (.*)\.cfm$ http://appserver.exampledomain.org/$1.cfm [P]

The other thing to check is to make sure you are not facing a
trailing-slash problem.  In other words, are you sure you are
specifying the slash on the end of the directory name when making the
request?

Joshua.