httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RequestHeader before content negotiation
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:14:27 GMT
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:04:30 +0000, Phil Endecott
<spam_from_apache_users@chezphil.org> wrote:
> Dear Apache Experts,
>
> I have been struggling to get content negotiation to work due to the
> broken Accept: headers that browsers send.  I hoped that I could fix
> this by using mod_header's RequestHeader to correct the Accept: headers
> in incoming requests.  But it seems that the order in which things
> happen is such that content negotiation has happened before
> RequestHeader is applied.  Is this right?  If so, can anyone think of a
> hack?  Maybe this should be changed?

Apache httpd 2.1 (the development version) has an "early" flag to the
RequestHeader directive that can be used to change the header earlier
in the processing.  I don't believe this is available in 2.0 or 1.3.

Perhaps if you explained exactly what type of problem you are trying
to fix, we could provide alternate solutions.

Joshua.