httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tony Karakashian <tkarakash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Configuring
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:27:51 GMT
> Thanks Tony,

You're more than welcome.

> I can now see my webpages.  Originally I was typing in the url as
> http://mywebpages.no-ip.com and could only see ALL the web files and
> folders.  By using the url http://mywebpages.no-ip.com/index.html  I got
> direct access to my webpage (just like any other website on the net).

If you add that DirectoryIndex line to your conf, you won't need to
include index.html on the end, it'll be assumed by the server.

> Your reply was to the point,concise and spot on! Thank you so much.

Those are the ones that work best. ;-)

> Now all I have to do is work out how to get Apache running on my Server and
> have it accessable from the net.  The server runs on a home network with
> internet access thru my main computer but something (either Win Firewall or
> ZoneAlarm Pro is blocking access from the net)

Are you running Windows XP?  It could be the internal firewall that
was added in SP2.  You can enable access to your Apache server by
right-clicking "My Network Places" on your desktop and choosing
Properties. Then right-click the network adapter that's connected to
the Internet and choose Properties again.  Click the Advanced tab and
click the Settings button.  Is the firewall On?  Good, leave it like
that. :)  Click the Exceptions tab, then click the Add Port button.
In the Name box, type Apache, in the port box, type 80 and make sure
to choose TCP.  You should be able to access it now.

-T