httpd-users mailing list archives

From jason-apa...@choad.org
Subject [users@httpd] access logs reporting full filesizes
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:38:07 GMT

Hello,

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I just noticed
that the bytes field for apache2 access logs records the full size of a
file, even if the connection was terminated.  For example, if I have a
50MB file that I try wget'ing and stop it around 10MB, it will record 50MB
in the access log even though I only retrieved 10MB.  This was not the
case with Apache 1.3.x, so I am wondering if this setting can be
configured.

Thanks for any help!

Extra info:
* LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
combined
* Tested on Apache 2.0.52 (Debian) and 2.0.46 (RedHat)

Sincerely,
Jason C.