httpd-users mailing list archives

From g.l...@itcilo.org
Subject [users@httpd] AuththType Basic not working after rewritten rules
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:41:47 GMT
Hi All

I used Apache as a front end to zope (using rewritten rules).
I installed a log analyzer, awstats, to use with on of my zope web sites.
When I tried to password protect my awstats report
(/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin) on the "zope" virtual host, it does
not work. When I do it on another virtual host without the rewritten
rules. it works, so it seems to related to the use of the rewritten rules
but I don't understand how.

You will find below the virtual host configuration with the rewritten
rules. The same virtual host without the written rules ask me for the
password and I'm able to enter.

Thanks

Gaƫl

<VirtualHost db.gurn.info:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@itcilo.org
    ServerName db.gurn.info

    DocumentRoot "/srv/www/vhosts/db.gurn.info"

    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/db.gurn.info-error_log
    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/db.gurn.info-access_log combined

    # log IP addresses
    HostnameLookups Off

    UseCanonicalName Off
    ServerSignature On

    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteLog /var/log/apache2/db.gurn.info-rewrite.log
    RewriteLogLevel 5
    RewriteOptions inherit
    RewriteRule ^/awstatscclasses/(.*) /awstatsclasses/$1 [L,PT]
    RewriteRule ^/awstatscss/(.*) /awstatscss/$1 [L,PT]
    RewriteRule ^/awstatsicons/(.*) /awstatsicons/$1 [L,PT]
    RewriteRule ^/awstatsdocs/(.*) /awstatsdocs/$1 [L,PT]
    RewriteRule ^/awstats/(.*) /awstats/$1 [L,PT]
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/db.gurn.info:80/actrav/gurn1.1/VirtualHostRoot/$1

[L,P]

    # Directives to add to allow use of AWStats as a CGI
    Alias /awstatsclasses "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/classes/"
    Alias /awstatscss "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/css/"
    Alias /awstatsicons "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/icon/"
    Alias /awstatsdocs "/usr/local/awstats/docs/"
    ScriptAlias /awstats/ "/srv/www/cgi-bin/cgi-bin/"

    # This is the DocumentRoot
    <Directory "/srv/www/vhosts/db.gurn.info">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    # Directives to permit URL access to script /files of AWStats
directory
    <Directory "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot">
        Options None
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    # Directives to permit URL access to the AWStats Documentation
directory
    <Directory "/usr/local/awstats/docs">
        Options None
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    # Directives to password protect the AWStats reports
    <Directory "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin">
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName Gurn
        AuthUserFile /srv/www/htpasswd-gurn
        Require valid-user