httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James Richardson" <james.richard...@db.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] YAAMUQ (Yet Another Apache Memory Usage Question)
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:10:36 GMT

Maybe a stupid question, but are you sure that all this memory is being
used?

On linux, pthread_create() is implemented as clone(), so in a tool like
top, there will be many "processes" displayed, each using some amount of
memory, but if these are just threads in the same process, then they only
use the memory once.

Just a thought.

James