httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Avila" <mav...@mich.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Need PHP Script Access to .htaccess Protected Dir
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 00:07:44 GMT
BTW, what is a sweeper script?

-----Original Message-----
From: James Richardson [mailto:james.richardson@db.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 4:30 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Need PHP Script Access to .htaccess Protected
Dir

> On Feb 22, 2005, at 8:05 PM, Michael Avila wrote:
>
> > I have a dir protected by a .htaccess file that I need to move an
> > uploaded
> > file to. How can I programmatically gain access to the dir? I'd prefer
> > not
> > to have to prompt for the ID and Password unless there is no other
> > alternative. I'm trying to automate a process and prefer no manual
> > intervention be required.
> >
> > Thanks for all ideas and suggestions.

The htaccess file offers no security protection to any program running on
the server.

If you have a "permission denied" error it is because the directory you
are trying to write to has not write permission for the user that the PHP
script is running as (most likely that of the apache server).

You may find that a "sweeper" script running independently of the apache
server (and consequently as a different user), would suit better.

Best Regards,

James