httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Avila" <mav...@mich.com>
Subject [users@httpd] <Directory> Not Working
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:53:10 GMT
I'm kind of new to <Directory> and been lucky using it so far in that
everything I have entered worked! Well, that had to end someday! And today
is the day!

First, the environment

Win XP Sp2
Apache 2.0.52

The <Directory> statement (I was not sure if I needed the Alias statement or
not so I put it in)

Alias /baddebt /ApacheGroup/Apache2/html/baddebt
<Directory /baddebt>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
DirectoryIndex index.php
Options -Indexes
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Password Required"
AuthUserFile /ApacheGroup/Apache2/proxy/security.pwd
#AuthGroupFile /www/passwords/group.file
#AuthDBMUserFile e:\apachegroup\apache2\proxy\security.db
Require user mike travis
</Directory>

This <Directory> is also a virtual host

<VirtualHost *:99999>
    ServerAdmin xxxxx@xxxxx.com
    DocumentRoot /baddebt
    ServerName xxxxxx.homeip.net
    ErrorLog logs/error.log
    CustomLog logs/access.log common
</VirtualHost>

Sorry.  I had to disguise some things as it is unprotected at this point in
time.

Two things happen which I do not want to happen.

1) I am not prompted for a password. I can drop right in on the directory
with no restrictions or security.
2) I do not have a default file there so I see the directory. (Note I put
Option -Indexes in the <Directory>.

Okay, now is time for you to set me straight. Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Mike