httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Configuring
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:28:44 GMT
The key directive that you need is "DocumentRoot". This tells apache
where to start to look for your files.

For example:

if

	DocumentRoot /home/web/html

then

	htp://your-server/somedir/page.html

will get

	/home/web/html/somedir/page.html

It has to be said that running a webserver is not a trivial task and you
do need a basic understanding of computers, filesystems and networking
to be able to administer one successfully. Like the other poster said,
get a good book, like this one: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/apache3/

Rgds,
Owen Boyle