httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] What is the best way to run multiple instances of apache on one unix server.
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:46:51 GMT

You can start the same binary several times with different configs (I
think that's what you're really asking) by using the "-f" flag to httpd,
eg:

/apps/apache/bin/httpd -f /data/gold/apache/conf/httpd.conf
/apps/apache/bin/httpd -f /data/silver/apache/conf/httpd.conf
/apps/apache/bin/httpd -f /data/bronze/apache/conf/httpd.conf

As other posters have mentioned, each instance has to use a distinct
TCP/IP socket (ie, different IP:port combination).

NB - You can't use apachectl for this; you have to stop and start the
binary directly (Unless you want to edit apachectl to allow it to take
an argument path-to-config...)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Request your help and suggestion.