httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Password Auth not working
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:29:41 GMT
Plain text please...

1) <Directory> containers need a real file-path as argument - not a
wildcard. So:

if you have:

DocumentRoot c:/Apache/mysite/html, then

<Directory *> should become, eg: <Directory c:/Apache/mysite/html>

and the whole site will be under password protection.

2) AuthUserFile takes a full path to the file (which can be anywhere).
So:

AuthUserFile c:/password should become, eg:  AuthUserFile
c:/Apache/mysite/admin/password.pwd

NB: For security, the password file should NOT be under the docroot or
clients will be able to browse it...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle