httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Attempt to serve directory.
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:17:25 GMT
Plain text please...

You have a pretty odd set-up...

- Do you have no DocumentRoot?
- Do you have no static content at all?
- Do you want http://www.mydom.com/ to run immediately the CGI program
at /home/www/htdocs/handlers/login?

If so, try replacing Alias with:

	DocumentRoot /home/www/htdocs/handlers/

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Cullinane [mailto:ccullinane@orctel.co.uk]
Sent: Freitag, 18. Februar 2005 12:59
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Attempt to serve directory.

Hi,

I am running httpd-2.0.46-44 with mod_perl-1.99_09-10 on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux ES (v. 3 for x86) .

The problem I am having is with DirectoryIndex directive.

I want to be able to return http://www.mydom.com/login to
http://www.mydom.com/ but it does not work.

Here is the relavent part of my httpd.conf

    Alias / "/home/www/htdocs/handlers/"
    <Directory "/home/www/htdocs/handlers">
      Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI Indexes
      DirectoryIndex login
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
      PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
    </Directory>

The error log shows this as the result: Attempt to serve directory:
/home/www/htdocs/handlers/

and the access log just shows a 404

Any help would be appreciated.
Craig Cullinane