httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Allow Apache to Serve Static Content
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:56:58 GMT

The snappy answer is to turn your question around; why bother to use mod_jk2 when HTTP works
fine?

The thoughtful answer is that HTTP works just fine and avoids us having to compile in, configure
and maintain yet another third-party module. As far as I can see, mod_jk2 is just another
connection protocol. Is it all that faster than HTTP GET? Latency is not in the link between
apache and tomcat, rather it's the processing time of Tomcat servlets.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle