httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Clarke, Roy" <rcla...@ptc.com>
Subject [users@httpd] AuthLDAP issues with Apache 2.0.47
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:09:37 GMT
Our software bundles Apache 2.0.47 with the AuthLDAP module which we use
for authenticating against LDAP directories, and it is using the
Microsoft LDAP SDK I believe for these purposes. I normally have no
problems authenticating against external directories, but have hit a
problem trying to hit a customer's Lotus Notes LDAP system; when I try
an authenticated bind I get a Microsoft SDK error message, if I try and
bind with no authentication it can't find any users.

A previous release of our software bundles Apache 1.3, and uses the
Netscape LDAP SDK within the AuthLDAP module; when I try an
authenticated bind on this release against the Lotus Notes LDAP it works
fine.

I believe there were a number of changes to AuthLDAP between Apache 1.x
and 2.x, and I would like to keep our customer on Apache 2 as it is the
supported release with our software. Is there a simple way to solve
this- maybe use Netscape SDKs within the Apache 2 authldap module which
I think should be supported? Customer is on a Windows 2000 platform with
no licensed compiler, so if existing dlls are available I would really
like to know about this.

I have tried to link in the authldap & netscape dlls from Apache 1.x
into a 2.x build and failed. I'm comfortable with all the authldap
directives, but have limited knowledge on how to get specific LDAP SDKs
linked into the AuthLDAP module itself.

Any comments or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Roy Clarke
PTC
Tel: +44 7770 950093
Email: rclarke@ptc.com