httpd-users mailing list archives

From - <...@ulysium.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Compiling latest apache2 on tru64 5.1b
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:58:26 GMT
There is a problem with the libtool that's bundled with the latest apache
2.0.53 that shows up on tru64 5.1b.
Libtool is passing the compiler flags on to the linker and that makes the
linker croak about an unknown -pthread flag.
After installing the updates to autoconf and libtool on the system, I ran
buildconf and that fixed this problem with the linker.
However, there are other problems showing up that I haven't been able to fix
yet. The configure runs all the way through and so does make, but things
happen during make install.
I get several of these during the make:

*** Warning: Linking the executable httpd against the loadable module
*** mod_access.so is not portable!

For well over a dozen modules, then later those modules can't be installed
for some reason during make install.

/pkg/build/apache/srclib/apr/libtool --silent --mode=install cp
mod_auth_anon.la /usr/local/apache/modules/
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/lib'

And:

libtool: install: warning: `modules/aaa/mod_access.la' has not been
installed in `/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/lib'

Why is it even trying to install anything in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/lib
and what does "is not portable!" mean?
I've been running 2.0.46 for some time and it never had that problem during
installation. What's been broken and how do I fix this?

Also, is there any way to get sendfile to work properly on tru64 so apache
can use it?

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:dg@ulysium.net