httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hilton <jeremy-l...@adtcs.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Charset SHIFT-JIS
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:11:59 GMT
I am hosting an application that will be displaying Japanese characters. It
is written in PHP. Apache is sending out the following header

I need it to send

I know that PHP can send out an alternate Content-Type, but would rather do
it with Apache ( to save modifying code).

I have tried Header set Content-Type ³text/html; charset=shift-jis²

And tried adding AddCharset SHIFT_JIS .php

But these don¹t work.

I have mod_headers compiled into Apache.

This alternate header needs to be done per virtualhost only.

Jeremy