httpd-users mailing list archives

From "rott" <r...@buckeye-express.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] cgi-bin question
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:14:16 GMT
I have that in my config file all ready and I used awstats as my test
program but apache still wants the awstats.pl in the C:\apache\cgi-bin
directory not in the cgi-bin directory of the virtual host
This is my Vhost

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
   DocumentRoot D:\websites\domian.com
   ServerName domain.com
   ServerAlias www.domain.com
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
   ErrorLog logs/domain.com-error.log
   CustomLog logs/domain.com-access.log "%v %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b
\"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\" combined
</VirtualHost>

                            Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff [mailto:jdyke@azimapower.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2005 1:39 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] cgi-bin question

rott wrote:

> I have apache 2.45 running on windows 2000 serving one website runs great
> have no problems. I have bought a second domain name and have started
using
> VH works great. Now I want to start running cgi scripts can each virtual
> host use its own separate cgi-bin directory?
> Or do all the scripts have to be in the same directory all in
> apache2/cgi-bin?? I want each site to run some of the same scripts and
being
> all in the same directory the results aren't correct I hope I explained
this
> correctly

You can put most any directive in a virtual host container that you can have
in
the main server.  I don't use cgi, but adding

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/path/to/virtual/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "/path/to/virtual/cgi-bin">
     AllowOverride None
     Options None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

... each virutal host conf should do the trick.

HTH
jeff