httpd-users mailing list archives

From The Disguised Jedi <disguised.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Log File Size
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:43:59 GMT
i would write a cron job that cycles out the logs every day, hour, whatever....

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:01:40 +0100, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
> Am 2005-02-19 10:18:56, schrieb Broming plutonium:
> > Hi all,
> >       My computer runs Apache 2.0.52 on Windows ME. I haven't finished building
my site, so I haven't promoted it yet.
> >       I realize that there might be a size limit with my log files. When the logs
get to a certain size, they are locked up for editing by Apache, and I could only review them
using Microsoft Word. When the logs get to 100 pages long, Apache completely stops logging.
> >       When I promote my site, I am going to get visitors. Any visitor who actually
uses my website will make at least 20 requests, which will be enough to fill a page. If my
access log could only log 10 users, that wouldn't be very useful, would it?
> >        Please help. How do I make it so that the Apache keeps on logging no matter
how big the logs get? In other words, how do I cancel the size limit for the log files?

--
The Disguised Jedi
disguised.jedi@gmail.com

Now you have my $0.02.  Or .01 Pounds, .014 Euros, or $0.025 CAN.  I'm
already internationally compatible!
PHP rocks!
"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Go to school, become evil"

However, I must say that the ENTIRE contents of this message are
subject to other's criticism, corrections, and speculations.

This message is Certified Virus Free